Greetings and welcome to my website. Here you will find some information about my professional work, both scholarly and pedagogical.
I am an Assistant Professor of English at the University of Wisconsin-Barron County. Below you’ll find some of my projects and interests. I received my doctorate in English with a specialization in Rhetoric & Composition from The University of South Florida in 2011.
- a book publication entitled Agency in the Age of Peer Production. I am the lead author and am working with Kyle Stedman, Taylor Mitchell, and Joe Moxley. The book was published in SWR (Studies in Writing & Rhetoric) sponsored by NCTE in Fall of 2012.
- on a book chapter accepted and under review for the third volume of Writing Spaces: Readings about Writing.
- as Managing Editor for Writing Commons, http://writingcommons.org, an open education resource, and as Director of Writing at The Learning Center at UW-BC
- I have a chapter, “The Cult of Brands: Building Consumers One Day at a Time,” recently published in Cult Pop Culture edited by Bob Batchelor.
- I have a chapter about the Golden Age in Radio published in We are What We Sell.
My M.A. Work: I received my master’s degree from Texas Tech University in British Literature and specialized in Early Modern Drama. My master’s thesis, entitled The Sisypean Faustus: Extremisim in the Drama of Christopher Marlowe, concerned the influence of the protestant reformer Martin Luther (1483-1586) on the drama of Christopher Marlowe (1564-1593). While there, I taught first and second semester composition and tutored in their University Writing Center.